Veteran actor and Bollywood superstar Amithabh Bachchan has denied reports that he is to essay the role of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in the upcoming bio pic on Bangladesh’s founding father.
Bachchan was totally amazed and confused by these reports doing the round that he will play the role of the great leader in the movie titled “ Poet of Politics’ to be directed by Shyam Benegal. This title was given to the Bangladeshi leader by Time magazine in the 1970’s.
“I’ve no idea what all this is about. Lots of media persons have been calling since yesterday (Friday). I can’t say where and how this report originated from. But it is not true,” Bachchan told IANS from London, Saturday just before he boarded his flight back to Mumbai.
Not only Amithabh, but also the rest of his clan, Abhishekh and daughter in law, Aishwarya Rai are also rumored to star in the movie. Abhishekh is apparently to star as the young Mujib.
Big B only had to say, “I’ve no clue about this. There’s nothing to it. At least not as far as I’m concerned. I’m hearing all this talk about this film for the first time”.
According to early reports, Bangladeshi journalist, Abdul Gaffar Chowdhury, is producing this film; his expatriate budget for this film is $3 million.
Reports were also in that Chowdhury feels very happy after Amitabh accepted to do the film. He told to Eastern News Agency (ENA), “I couldn’t think this movie without Amitabh Bachchan. Only he can do this role.”
The movie will be made in the English language and subsequently dubbed into Bengali, Hindi and other languages.
Sheikh Mujibur, also fondly called ’Bangabandhu’ or friend of Bengal by his countrymen, led the Bengali nationalist upsurge in 1960s, which eventually saw the emergence of independent Bangladesh after a nine-month-long Liberation War against Pakistan with India’s crucial support.
On August 15, 1975, Mujibur was killed by a military coup along with most of his family members. His daughter, Sheikh Hasina, has been prime minister of Bangladesh.
No comments:
Post a Comment